Essence recently came out with magnetic polishes and there are currently 4 in their Metallics LE. The LE was released this month and some places were sold out soon (or at least the stores I visited). I am not sure if it will be released in the US, but let's hope for the best.
I feature the polishes in my giveaway where the winner of the 2nd price gets to pick one of them.
There are 5 shades in but the 5th one isn't magnetic and I already have a lot of similar colors that I already own so I didn't buy it. Here some bottle pictures:
You can see that the round magnets are more different than the flat magnet on the left.
Here are some tips that might help you with these polishes:
- Shake the bottle before painting each nail if you really want to be sure that you'll get a pattern on your nails. I know it may cause bubbling but most of these polishes have quite a thick formula and are opaque in one coat.
- Place the magnet really close to you nail but not too close so you'll smudge your manicure.
- Paint each nail at the time because once the polish is dry, the magnetic effect doesn't appear.
- Do thicker coats if the pattern doesn't appear.
- If you have a stronger magnet, and don't know what kind of pattern it "does", hold it onto the bottle and you'll see it.
- For funsies, play around with different magnets, you may even have one that does a star pattern.