Samstag, 5. Dezember 2009

Comparison: Golden post (pic heavy)

Hey there

As you probably wondered why this is an golden post. I've done an comparison of a few gold-colours I have. The polishes I used were: Etude House in BR003, Alessandro No. 297, Nivea No. 72- Pure Gold and China Glaze's Golden Enchatment. As an extra a polish I haven't swatched before: Etude House in Hologram Blue. I won the two Etude House polishes at happyberrynainad's giveaway which I posted a little haul here. I finally got around swatching those. The Alessandro varnish is from their current Limited Edition called "Be a Star"- there were quite a few great mini-polishes & I've got about 4-5 polishes. Among those is a possible dupe for Opi's Merry Midnight/Sasatinnie 1G9 and a (possible) dupe of China Glaze's Ruby Pumps.
Now to the swatches& the pictures (just click on it to see them in their full glory):


above:
1 coat of Etude House BR003, one Coat of Alessandro 297, one coat of Nivea
- Pure Gold (see how opaque it is? It's great for stamping), one Coat of CG Golden Enchantment and 3 or 4 coats of Etude House's Hologram Blue.
below:
2 coats of EH BR003, 2 coats of Alessandro, one coat of Nivea-varnish, 3 coats of CG and 3 or 4 coats of Etude House's Hologram Blue.


below:
a close-up of the final( 2 coats) result of the Alessandro polish.




above:
a pic of the Nivea bottle.
below:
a close-up of the Nivea-polish swatch.




above& below:
A bottle-nail comparison of CG Golden Enchantment& Etude House - Hologram Blue


below:
These two pictures shows how great the duo-chrome effect of the polish (how it is more yellow-ish in the one picture and more blue on the other plus the great design of the bottle).

4 Kommentare:

  1. I don't have any of these but there nice to see anyway. Love that last picture. Gorgeous nad love the bottle also.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I absolutely adore the bottle of the Etude House polish - so unique! All are pretty colors.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. @ Lucy& Beautyjudy: I love the bottles too- they are unique& such a great lovely detailed.

    AntwortenLöschen