Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2010

Essence - Eclipse Limited Edition

Hey there :)

Along with the 3rd movie of the Twilight Saga, Essence released a Limited Edition with this theme. Needless to say, it was more difficult than other LE's from essence to get the things you've wanted. One thing that I didn't buy was the magenta/berry-colored polish called "Don't bite- Kiss me". But I bought the rest of the shades ^^

The formula on these were average- not too runny, not too thick. I didn't use a topcoat for the swatches.
Undead- a black creme with magenta glitter. Sadly, the base color is a bit too dominant and the glitter doesn't shop up in lower lights or in the shade. It's similar to Eyeko's Vampira or China Glaze's Lubu Heels. I used two coats, but would've gotten away with one thicker coat. (I think the glitter would be more visible if you carefully wipe a layer of polish off with a brush and aceton/polish remover)

Thristy- A blood-red polish. it leans a bit to the brown side and as you can see on the picture, the color in the bottle is a bit darker than on the actual nail(s). It dries quite shiny (a bit more than average polishes), dries quickly and I used two coats to reach full opacity.

Hide, Bella Hide- Is a silver foil polish. Sadly, you can see the brushstrokes. It needed two coats to be opaque.

Ready to be bitten- This is the sheerest amongst all. Even after four thick coats you can clearly see the VNL (visible nail line). Because of its sheerness, that'll make a great polish for a American or French Manicure. I really like this one and wouldn't mind wearing it alone if my nails weren't stained.


My overall impression: These are nice shades. Most of them are opaque in two coats and they have a average dry- time. They might not be the "breathtaking, unique or I WANT THESE!"-shades and I can't see why these are inspired by Twilight, but I'm sure a lot of others (probably mostly Teenagers) will buy these, no matter what.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen